Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Friend bragging


So I failed miserably at my 31 days of writing, buttt that's okay! I still want to tell about all the cool things my friends are doing, and ask for you prayers for them as well! So look forward for 2 more posts this week to hear about Becky and Brittany.

Today I will tell you about Melissa!





Melissa was my teammate in Peru. At first, I thought she was going to drive me bonkers, but I grew to love her and my time with her. We had many adventures and jokes and just plain fun times figuring out life in our beloved Peru. Sometimes I still catch myself wanting to tell her something I hear or see, but no one here seems to appreciate my weirdness quite like Melissa. But really, this woman taught me and challenged me and helped me grow so much in the 10 months we were housemates, and for that I am forever grateful!

Nowadays Melissa is living in Nepal working with an organization called Tiny Hands. They intercept girls who are being trafficked across boarders and provide safe houses and care for them after they are taken out of slavery. Tiny Hands is working towards building a Dream Center for these children as well as other orphaned or needy children in Nepal, and eventually Melissa will be a teacher at this center. Right now they are working on the construction and legal processes of starting the home there, and Melissa is teaching in a local school.

If you want to keep up with Melissa and her journey, she blogs occasionally here. Fair warning, she doesn't hold back on the rawness of living/serving overseas. Prepare for some Bible bloggin :)

For more information on Tiny Hands, click here.

Thanks for your patience in my (lack of writing) & faithfulness in reading over here!

No comments:

Post a Comment