Thursday, October 3, 2013

Day 3-Service

The message at the Mix last night was on service. So after a time of worship and a lesson from one of the directors, we broke up into our 242 groups (small groups) to discuss what service is and how we can serve each other.

The answers coming out of my 13 year old girls' mouths were so humbling.

We talked about why we should serve each other. How we can serve each other? How Jesus served people while he was here on Earth? What does it cost to serve? What are our intentions when we serve? Why do our intentions matter? How can we serve our parents? Our siblings? People at school we may not know very well? What do you get out of serving? How does being served feel? How can we serve God well?

 I'm convinced I have the best group of 8th graders out there. Seriously, they're legit. They're so wise beyond their years. In 8th grade, I'm pretty sure I had a crush on a boy I hadn't had an actual conversation with. And had maybe seen him 3 times tops. While I realize that there's probably lots that I don't know about my girls, I'm positive they are some of the most real, kind-hearted, hilarious, mature ladies out there.

What about us? (Assuming you're not 13 and in middle school and depend on your parents for everything) How can we serve each other? Wouldn't the world be a better place if we ALL took time to serve someone over ourselves just once a day? What are you going to do to serve well this week?



Note: This was from a few weeks ago. Some girls are missing.





No comments:

Post a Comment