Tuesday, October 1, 2013

31 Days of Positive Thinking--Day 1

It's been a while since I've posted anything. Those goals from the beginning of the year... meh they're going. Definitely not going to save all that money though! Ya girl needs some new shoes!

I read a lot of what I call "mommy blogs". In reality, they're just stories of Christian women who want to help support and encourage each other, most of them just happen to be mommies, and I imagine children and housekeeping and decorating and such are easy to write about! Anyways, they've started a 31 day writing challenge for the month of October. You write on one topic every day for the month. It can be long, short, whatever! This is a crazy large task, but I'm going to try it! I probably won't link up with them like they want you too, but it's not because I don't want to, I'm just not that tech savvy.  But you, you're a lucky one getting to read my thoughts!

I chose to write 31 posts on positive thinking. Let's be honest, it's easy to get into a Debbie Downer state and stay there, especially when it gets dark at 6pm now (when did that happen?). So I'm going to force myself to see all the blessings God has bestowed upon me, and share them with you!

Today's positive thought is one of gratitude, thanksgiving. Last night, my little brother Chris Chip was in a car wreck. In his words, "The car goes really fast. The road went left, we turned, the car went right, and we took out a tree." By the look of the car, he should have been hurt pretty bad, but both passengers walked away with minor injuries. Thank you Jesus for keeping my favorite (and only) little brother safe last night! Thank you for giving him a good spirit while in the ER. Thank you for letting me be his big sister and for the special friendship we have!




Because blogs are boring without pictures, here's a picture of him in the ER. I'm assuming this is post getting stitched up! What a trooper! By the way, he is single ladies! And he'll have a cool scar. Girls dig scars, right?

Until tomorrow friends!


Want to join me on the 31 day challenge? Head over to www.thenester.com and get some ideas and join! There's literally thousands doing this, so why not be a part of something so much bigger than you?

No comments:

Post a Comment