Tuesday, September 6, 2011

My Room!

So, I realize I haven't posted a blog in over two weeks. Crazy sorry guys. I really have no excuse besides life really isn't that exciting, and the exciting things that do happen, it's unsafe to take my camera there!

Anywho, for the sake of blogging, I thought I'd give you guys a mini update on life, and show you my (somewhat) clean room!

First off, life in Lima is weird, and we're still trying to figure out what exactly we can do to be doing more. We have English class 6 nights a week, Melissa teaches 3, I teach 1, Michael teaches 1, and the other is just translating. However, things may change soon. Fact: everything in life is subject to change. That's the one constant here. Change is inevitable, and that's its own blog on another day. Anyways, only teaching one class a week gives me lots of free time, that I'm trying to fill in productive ways. I'm looking into volunteering for World Vision or some other children's home in Lima, and also going to one of the poorer areas of Lima once a week or so and doing whatever I can there (I'm going Friday for the first time, so I'll be able to tell you more after that!). I'm really looking forward to getting involved with more here in Lima. I hate wasting days/time. Really, I do. I just have no idea what I can do right now and I'm going a lil crazy! But the Lord is good and He will provide me with whatever opportunity that will glorify Him the most and I have no doubt of that!

Soo.. on my not busy day today, I cleaned my room. And by clean, I mean moved back into my room for reals. If you didn't know, I've suffered from bed bugs or awful allergies to something since i've been in Lima (all of August). We sprayed mattresses, clothes, sheets, pillows, and basically everything else in this room, twice. The last time we wrapped everything in plastic and let it sit for a while before washing it. So hopefully, if it was bed bugs, they're dead now. Last week we stayed at a missionary family's home, so I didn't have to move back in my room until Saturday. I had the Limanian dridge (sinus cold/junk/bellyachin) all weekend, so today was the day I actually tidied up! (don't judge! what I call tidy may not meet your standards! :P)


bunk beds!!

closet area, minus the closet...

shoes! yes those are all the shoes i brought..

desk area

book case, minus the flower jars!

 Sooo yea! That's my tiny little room, ALL of it!  In cleaning up today, I found this tiny empty jar.  It's what the oil for my oil lamp I wrote about earlier came in.  It's soo tiny and so cute, I couldn't throw it away.  So I found a use for it! It's my flowery bobbie-pin holder! So stinkin cute!

Well, that's all I have to say for now. Stay tuned in til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment