Friday, August 12, 2011

Sad day

 This, my dear readers, was Miss Cuddles. I say was because she passed away last night.  She blessed the Maclin family with her presence for the past 11 years, and will be dearly missed.  I thought I'd share with you guys about my obsession love for my precious poodle puppies!
 Meet Cuddles (left) and Snuggles (right). Don't judge me for their names. I was 10 when that happened! We all do stupid things when we're little!  Anyways, these two have been an integral part of the family for years!  Sure they bark a little wayy too much, and maybe they had an accident every now and then, but they still loved on ya like you were the best thing in the world (especially if you gave them a Snuggy Snack!).  Speaking of Snuggy Snacks, let me tell ya about Ole Snuggy Rug!
 
 Ole Snug. His full name is Snuggle Buny Maclin. Yes, Buny, cuz mom misspelled Bunny on his papers.  Anywho, Snug was our first inside dog.  It took  a lot of crying and whining and begging on my part, but they finally said yes!  He was tiny when we got him. Just a little ball of fur that fit in your hand. So, at age 10, I thought of the best name for him. Snuggles!  He forgives me, I promise.  Snuggles has always been the favorite.  He's just so loyal and lively.  He barks a lot. I may or may not have taught him the word "bark" when he was a puppy, so he knows it well, and expects a treat when he does soo.  Oh yeah, this is where Snuggy Snacks came from!  This dog is crazy bout some treats!  However, he's stayed skinny over the years because up until Christmas 2010, he and Cuddles shared a kennel, and Cuddles hogged the food bowl. Sad, but true. Snuggles has always been skinny, and Cuddles was always a chunk. Snug is still with us, PTL, but mom says he's real stressed about about not having his best friend/life companion/love of his life there with him!
And this, my friends, was Miss Cuddles.  Her real name was Precious Cuddles Maclin. However, she responded to Cuddles, Miss Cuddles, Fatty, Snuggles, and Baby Girl.  She was basically an attention hog, and if you acted like you wanted to give attention away, she was sure to take it!  Like I mentioned earlier, she hogged the food bowl for YEARS! Snuggles was a weenie and would just stand and bark at her! So, she was very very fat for her size. Just more to love!  This dog had the personality!  She hunted rabbits and mice, would growl at ya til you rubbed her, loved my momma, would chase gato, and loved belly rubs.  She also had seizures quite often, which was real sad.  One time Chip almost killed her in a tragic ping-pong accident, but she pulled through!  She was definitely fun to watch and laugh at. Ole Miss Cuddles... It's not gonna be the same without her come May when I actually go home.  Snug, you better hold strong til at least then! 

It's crazy how attached you can get to your pets.  The really become a part of the family, and when they're gone, you really miss them.  I still walk outside expecting to see Jack sometimes (Jack was our black lab that died last year), but he's not there.  Going home to only one poodle is going to be weird.  Let's start talking Tommy and Gerri into another house dog soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment